Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Quilt Reveal

I have another quilt to reveal! Yay! I am super excited about this one because 1.) it came together super fast 2.) it was super easy 3.) I hand embroidered my DD's name and  4.) I machine quilted my first quilt! So, without further a due .....

Front

Hand Embroidery
Back
  I used the McKinely Quilt Pattern from OCD - Obsessive Crafting Disorder's blog. It has flowers on their version, but the more I thought about it being for a young child the more I realized it's just something else she'd tear up. I decided to leave that part off. I used Sherbit Pips charm pack with a light grey sashing, light pink accent and binding, and dark grey for backing.

I am ecstatic about the finished result! And feel such a huge accomplishment with the new things I tried. It was the first time I had tried my walking foot and it was so much easier than I thought. Basting was a new experience as well! i used 160 pins on this crib sized quilt!! Hehe

Thanks for stopping by to look! Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! What a great quilt. Hmmmm.....are those pips I see??? ROFLOL Lexi is one lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful!! Your straight line quilting came out fabulous. I like the squares! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!! It makes my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...