Saturday, December 18, 2010

Leaning tree and teacher's gifts

I have been on a crafting spree the last couple of weeks! I am working on a tissue paper tree and then made Christmas presents for 2 of my daughter's teachers.

I first saw the tree at Spunky Junky and fell INLOVE with it! While I have never done anything like this before I followed their awesome tutorial, which you can find here. I didn't have a cone form so I used a large poster board and rolled it up into a cone, hot glued it, and then cut the bottom even (hence mine ended up leaning, but I think it gives it character).
I ran out of tissue paper so I'm probably going to trim it down as you can see at the top. Also, the package of tissue paper I had bought actually changed in color on me and I didn't want to get back out to buy more so my bottom is a greener blue while the top is blue. My oldest daughter says it's a princess hat. LOL

I made pocket hand warmers with hand embroidered designs on them. I then put them in felt gift bags I made.  Both teachers got a set of two.




I'm working on one more project for my niece for Christmas. I'll post pictures When I'm finished.

Thanks for looking!! Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!! It makes my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...